Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ebil Ebil plots and the final season of The Tudors *sigh*



My DH bought me the final season of The Tudors for Christmas. I wasn't expecting it because it was out of the price range we set for each other. I don't get Showtime or any of those fancy channels so I never got to see it air live (never saw the entire series live really) so I've always had to buy the DVDs. Well, I was over the moon and quivering with excitement when I opened it. When I started to watch, I couldn't stop. Just like when I start eating Ferrero Rochers. LOL!


GREAT finale. Of course even though I knew what was going to happen I was still yelling at the screen for people doing stupid things like Catherine Howard getting it on with Thomas Culpepper (who was a dickwad), and Lady Rochford aiding them. I was screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!" Plus that stupid Francis Dereham forcing his way into the Queen's service and then flaunting how he 'knew' Queen Catherine. Idiot, and where did that get you? Hung drawn and quartered ... that's right. Suckahs.

John Rhys Meyers and Henry Cavil were the dishiest versions of Henry VIII and the Duke of Suffolk. Yum. Even when they tried to make them all old and decrepit. It didn't work.

Wasn't sure about the fictional french mistress of Charles Brandon after their attack on Bolougne, but hey its an inaccuracy I can overlook.
Also I like Anne of Cleves coming into her own, and entertaining the notion Henry and her did have a tryst when he was becoming unhappy with Catherine Howard. Joss Stone as the Flanders Mare was wonderful.
I also like Lady Hertford (that saucy wench) tell Bishop Gardiner where to stick it when he threatened to arrest her for being a heretic, just because she helped poor Lady Askew who was being burned for being a martyr (she had the executioner place gunpowder around her neck).

I'm sad to see it go. I would've liked them to continue with Edward's short reign, Jane Grey's even shorter one, Mary (who was already being swayed to her bloody status of declaring to BURN every heretic she could) and then Elizabeth take the crown, but c'est la vie. I'm going to miss this series whole heartedly. Might have to watch from beginning to end now. Hehehe. Of course that's if I can grab the TV away from my chillins who insist on watching Despicable Me and Toy Story 3 every day on their holiday.

Also an ebil ebil plot monkey came to me. It's not a romance, and I don't know what to make of it yet but it's certainly interesting.

No comments: